Wilmington Friends Meeting House

Friends in the mid-1800s in Wilmington were meeting in an old school house on the corner of Mulberry and Locust Streets, and in 1868 they became a Monthly Meeting set off from Center Meeting.

The new Meeting gathered its 178 members from Center, Dover, and Springfield Meetings. It grew to become a very large Meeting, and a new Meeting House was built and dedicated in 1896. This was an architectural style far removed from the traditional Meeting House.

Around 1900 it was the second largest Quaker Meeting in North America, after Whittier Meeting in California. It has an outstanding interior design and a pipe organ.

The building currently hosts the Adult Daycare Center weekdays in the lower level.

Images

Map

66 North Mulberry Street, Wilmington, OH 45177 ~ (Corner of Locust & Mulberry Sts.)