Miami Meeting Quaker Burial Ground

The Burial Ground was established in 1804 and contains the graves of many of the earliest Quaker pioneers in the area. In the early days Quakers did not use gravestones, so there are many unmarked graves.

After 1828, due to the Orthodox-Hicksite schism, the cemetery was divided into two parts. The Hicksites retained the western half, while the Orthodox used the half closest to the Red Brick Meeting House.

Images

Map

407 High St, Waynesville, OH 45068 ~ (adjacent to the Red Brick Meetinghouse)